EU Delegation for the Pacific, located in Suva, is seeking a Project Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the Infrastructure and Natural Resources Section with the following tasks under supervision and responsibility of the relevant Team Leader:
- Effectively manage projects in the domain of infrastructure (notably energy) and natural resources included in the Delegation's portfolio.
- Act as Operational Initiating Agent for transactions related to the implementation of the above projects. Review and approve reports, certify requests for payments. Update and maintain relevant data in our information system (CRIS).
- Monitor the implementation of actions against set measurable objectives and targets. Review and assess Result Oriented Monitoring (ROM) reports and implement and follow up relevant recommendations. Update and maintain implementation reports in CRIS.
- Develop and maintain a consistent view of bilateral relations with the countries and territories for which the Delegation is responsible.
- Contribute to the policy dialogue at country level in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Provide relevant input and feedback to the Team Leader.
- Assist the Head of Section in developing close contacts with local stakeholders, including in Governments and Administrations. Provide background and feedback for negotiations, including with local private sector representatives.
- Contribute policy and implementation information to the communication material published by the Delegation (including on the Delegation Website and Facebook page).
- Contribute to the achievements of the objectives of the Delegation's communication and visibility strategy.
Application due Monday 25 July 2016.