5 post-doctoral positions are available at the French Institute “Research, Innovation, Society” (Institut Francilien Recherche, Innovation, Société). IFRIS welcomes STS scholars, historians, sociologists, political scientists, anthropologists, economists, people working on management sciences or law, and who work on the production, regulation and uses of science and technologies in societies. Research may concern a variety of issues including public health and biomedicine, agricultural sciences and food security, climate change, biodiversity and environmental questions, ICT, big data and internet, regimes of sciences and innovation in society, as well as theoretical questions.
The post-doc fellows selected will undertake an original research project that fits with IFRIS lines of research, notably on the following topics:
- Innovation processes, notably bottom up, "responsible" or “social” innovation
- Socio-technical transitions and government/governance of change
- Property rights and commons
- Regulation of techno-scientific activities and their products
- Multi-level governance and scales of government
- Knowledge and the government of the scientific public sphere
- Regimes and institutions of knowledge
- Construction of futures
Post-doc fellows will be hosted by one of the IFRIS Research Groups. We highly recommend contacting them as soon as possible since a good integration in the groups is one of the core objectives of the IFRIS post-doc programme:.
Post-doc researchers are eligible for a contract of up to 24 months, under the standard French salary and work status. Contracts start according to candidates’ constraints.
Researchers holding a doctoral degree or having fulfilled all the obligations of a PhD (certified by their supervisor) in a field relevant to the IFRIS research topics. Candidates cannot apply for a post doc in the group where they have prepared their PhD.